Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Cape Lodge Degustation

My fiance and I got engaged a couple of years ago and I was excited to start looking at places to have the wedding. This was my first encounter with Cape Lodge in Margaret River.

Ffwd two years later and I was surprised with a stay there for my 31st birthday. 

The service we received from the moment we walked in was impeccable. It's a very secluded property so we felt like we were there on our own. We even pretended it was our house & that's how we lived hehe :)

We lounged by the pool reading our books, sat in the massive spa overlooking our balcony over the river sipping champagne but one of the most memorable moments for me was this dish. It was part of the degustation menu of the day, which is a menu that is changed daily to take advantage of the freshest produce. It is “Donnybrook Marron, pan fried, avocado tian, semidried cherry tomatoes, vanilla verjuice reduction".  

The Cape Lodge restaurant has been voted top ten in the world for food. We absolutely loved the food and the wine pairing was spot on! Such a lovely lovely experience and I would highly recommend it to anyone.


Flavia, Sugarplum Sweets xxx
Sugarplum Sweets

No comments:

Post a Comment